When I opened up my Disney travel agents portal this morning, I was delighted to find all kinds of new information about special events, treats, celebrity appearances and nighttime spectacular shows coming to Walt Disney World Resort for the holiday season later on this year. I know, it's only the beginning of the summer season, and already we're talking about Christmas! But that's the way it is in the travel industry, and the Disney Destinations are no exception.
Here's a brief list of what's new for the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort in 2019!
Dates for this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are: November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22 and 24 as well as December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 and 22.
I woke up this morning to find all of my favourite Facebook feeds filled with exciting new details for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Fans of the Star Wars film series will be blown away by all of the attention to detail that's going into the development of this new, immersive playground, and food is, of course, no exception.
But first, you need to understand the overall theming of Galaxy's Edge, and if you've read the headline of this post, you're probably wondering what the heck "Batuu" means.
Batuu is the home of Black Spire Outpost, the location where guests will visit when they first arrive at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Batuu has become a haven for the galaxy's most colourful and notorious characters. More details will be shared about this entirely new land over the next few months, and with the opening of Galaxy's Edge slated for summer this year, there's sure to be a lot of excitement!
There is a lot of information out there now about everything coming to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Let's look at the four dining experiences hat are coming to Batuu first, along with the accompanying themes and menu teasers.
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo--"Tuggs' Grub"
Chef Strong "Cookie" Tuggs has travelled throughout the galaxy, following his longtime gig as the chef at Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana and brings exotic flavours and unusual dishes to his traveling diner.
A recycled podracing engine fires up a spot of exotic meats, meticulously turned by a former smelter droid, 8D-J8. You can even sample some of the tasty dishes here.
This is the place to go for farm-fresh blue milk or green milk, from Bubo Wamba Family Farms.
Kat Saka's Kettle
This is one of the many street market stalls, where you'll be able to pick up a blend of sweet, savoury and spicy popcorn called Outpost Mix.
Knowing Disney, the food at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge is sure to be amazing! They did such an awesome job developing the dining experiences available in Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom, I can definitely see the potential for many of the menu items in Batuu to become guest favourites, as well.
What are your thoughts? Share in the comments, below!
Capacity for Disney's Hollywood Studios, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on guest demand and other factors.
Last week, I had the pleasure of running around Walt Disney World Resort with some of my very determined, energetic and fun colleagues from Pure Magic Vacations. On our last day of a training trip, we set out to hit all four Disney theme parks in one day. Crazy? Yes. Insanely fun? Absolutely!
My teammates on the challenger included Kirsten, Tricia and Lesley of Pure Magic Vacations. Also popping in and out to join us throughout the day were Kimberley, Ashley and Carrie of Pure Magic Vacations.
The only rules we set for ourselves were:
Here's what we learned.
1. The first park is likely to take the longest. At this point in the day, you'll be excited, energetic and wanting to take a zillion selfies. We hit Epcot first and before we had realized the learning curve for the day, we definitely took longer to get our act together here than at any other theme park that day.
2. If an attraction experiences a delay, bail and find a new one. While waiting in line for Test Track, the attraction experienced a delay. We realized that time was ticking, and headed out of the line to hit Frozen Ever After, instead.
3. Minnie Vans are an excellent form of Disney transportation! We used a Minnie Van twice during our challenge, since many of us had to be at Orlando International Airport by 7 pm that same day. If we had full park hours to work with, using Disney buses, monorails or water taxis would have worked out just fine. The parks have designated queue areas and cast members driving these vehicles.
4. Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours! We had intended to arrive at Epcot by 8 am that day, but ended up taking a little bit longer to get to the parks, arriving closer to 9 am, instead.
5. If you can, go bagless into the parks. This will save time at security and you'll be inside enjoying the food, entertainment and attractions much faster than if you have to go through the bag check security line. If you have time and want to buy some merchandise, you can have it sent to your Walt Disney World Resort instead of carrying it around.
6. Don't forget to stop and refuel! Our group planned a wonderful late lunch at the fourth park in our day and enjoyed an hour to just sit, eat and relax at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park.
7. Grab a celebration button from your Walt Disney World Resort before heading out for the day. Ask a cast member to write on them that you're celebrating "4 Parks 1 Day". Your button is sure to capture the attention of cast members throughout the day, who will encourage you to keep going and might even point you in the right direction if you're in a hurry! Plus, they're fun!
Have you completed the #4Parks1Day Challenge? How did it go? Share your experience in the comments, below!
Amy is a former Disney Cruise Line cast member, Certified Cruise Counsellor and Vacation Specialist at Pure Magic Vacations.
Enchanted Room Offer at Walt Disney World Resort this Summer
Summer Meal Offer at Walt Disney World Resort
join our community
Certifications & Memberships