Five. Five seems to be the magic number that makes prospective clients reach out to their local Vacation Specialist at Pure Magic Vacations for help planning a Disney vacation. Fortunately, there are many options at Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California for families of all sizes to stay and play!
In particular, guests with large families will absolutely fall in love with the property at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa. Actually, guests with families of all sizes will absolutely fall in love with Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa! But for the purposes of this post, I'll focus on the reasons that large families will love to stay there.
1. The suites at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa can accommodate up to twelve guests. Yes, twelve! Together!
1. Suites can accommodate up to 12 guests! There are one-, two- an 3-bedroom suites at this resort, plus additional Signature Suites with special themes to accommodate up to 12 guests.
2. The views from Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa are absolutely spectacular! Seventy per cent of the rooms have a view of Paradise Pier in the Downtown Disney area, with the remaining rooms overlooking the pool area, courtyard, or partial views of Disney's California Adventure theme park.
3. Guests who have hauled multiple kids around theme parks before will be thrilled with how close Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa is to Disney's California Adventure theme park. In fact, there is a special entrance right at the hotel that will take your family into Disney's California Adventure and Downtown Disney.
4. The rooms and suites at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa have a separate sink, mirror & vanity area outside the main bathroom, which makes it much easier for everyone in the family to get ready for the day ahead or prepare for bed. No more fighting over the bathroom sink.
5. The only vacation my family has taken when I did laundry was our trip to Walt Disney World. I knew the laundry facilities would be clean, safe, and it would save me having to tackle a whole mountain of laundry upon our return home. Guests at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa can make use of 24-hour laundry facilities. You'll use your credit or debit card to pay for access to the washers, dryers and soap vending machines, so you don't have to worry about carrying cash.
There you have it! Five wonderful reasons why your family should choose Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa for your home base the next time you visit Disneyland Resort. With services and amenities to suit any family size, this resort is a perfect fit for all kinds of visitors.
Have you stayed at Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa? What did you think? Please feel welcome to share in a comment.
Amy is a former Disney Cruise Line cast member, Certified Cruise Counsellor and Vacation Specialist at Pure Magic Vacations.
Enchanted Room Offer at Walt Disney World Resort this Summer
Summer Meal Offer at Walt Disney World Resort
Certifications & Memberships