When you're planning a Disney vacation, there are so many different kinds of trips you can choose from. Between the incredible resorts and theme parks, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and Adventures By Disney treks all over the world, there are a lot of options! Sometimes the choice out there is overwhelming! In this post, I'll share with you seven reasons why you should consider taking an ocean cruise with Disney Cruise Line for your next trip. No matter what your next destination is, there's a cruise that is ideal!
1. The exceptionally high level of service. From the moment you step aboard the ship, you can expect to be treated like a VIP by every cast member you encounter. And when you board a Disney ship, there is a special way that families are greeted (no spoilers!). It's such an exciting experience to be greeted with a smile or friendly nod everywhere you go. Each night, you'll eat in a different restaurant, but your server will switch locations along with you! You'll get to know the people who are taking care of you at meal times, and more importantly, they'll get to know you, your kids, your preferences and dietary needs, as well.
2. The variety of amenities and activities available. There is absolutely no reason to expect you'll be bored on a Disney cruise. There are so many amenities and activities on board that are planned to keep you just as busy and entertained as you'd like to be. The kids won't want to leave Disney's Oceaneer Club or Oceaneer Lab, the best kids' clubs at sea. A few examples of other on-board activities you can participate in: karaoke, dance lessons, cooking classes, wine tasting, swimming in one of the fresh water pools, spa treatments, bingo, working out, yoga, chef's demonstrations, musical, Broadway-style shows and performances, watching a movie in the Walt Disney Theater, splashing around on the AquaDuck or AquaDunk waterslide, shopping in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, character encounters, basketball, trivia contests...do I really need to go on?
3. Comfort & pampering. During your time on board the ship, you won't need to lift a finger to cook or clean. Your stateroom attendant will visit your room to tidy up, remove garbage and make your bed. You can even have your laundry done on board, usually for an additional fee. You can visit the salon or spa, relax at the adults-only Quiet Cove pool, enjoy the ocean breeze with a cocktail in your hand, or simply read on your verandah. You'll enjoy delicious meals. You can help yourself at a buffet, or luxuriate in the experience of being waited on at the table. The point is, someone will be taking care of you the entire trip!
4. Value for your dollar. There is so much included in the cost of a Disney cruise! All of your food and beverages are included, with the exception of alcoholic beverages. Entertainment is also included. There are few travel options that provide you with the opportunity to see multiple destinations in one trip, with as much value as you will get on a cruise. Certainly, the cost to book hotels, meals and transportation individually, would be much more expensive.
5. Destinations! A Disney ocean cruise can take you all over the place! Many first-time cruisers choose to visit the Caribbean, while more experienced cruisers move on to enjoy Alaskan or European itineraries. With three new Disney ships on the way, starting in 2021, who knows where a Disney cruise will be able to take you? In addition, cruisers enjoy knowing that no matter what country they visit, there won't be a language barrier on board, and they'll only have to unpack their suitcase once!
6. Pricing for every budget. No matter what you'd like to spend on a Disney cruise vacation, there will be an itinerary and stateroom to suit your needs. Approximately 80% of the expenses relating to your cruise are included in the up-front price, which means you can pay for your cruise entirely before you set foot on board. If you plan well, you won't be confronted with a huge credit card bill after your vacation is over. Some of the expenses that may not be included in the cruise fare are ground transportation, a pre-cruise hotel stay, airfare, and excursions. The good news is that I can help you book all of these ahead of time, so you can budget and pay for these expenses in the months leading up to your trip, as well. Occasionally, Disney will offer a special discount on the deposit required to book your cruise, or specials for Canadian residents, and these are great times to start planning your vacation!
7. Sheer number of options. Europe or Caribbean? Verandah or ocean view? There are so many options when you're planning a Disney cruise, it's no wonder many travellers take advantage of the services offered by a Vacation Specialist to get their holiday booked. Rather than feeling overwhelmed by the options, I can help you narrow down all of these choices to a cruise that is ideal for YOU. And if you travel with friends or family members, you can choose to spend your days together, or simply meet up for dinner! You can be rigid in your schedule, or go with the flow.
Still wondering if a Disney cruise vacation is right for you? Please feel welcome to ask any questions you have in the comments section, below!
Amy is a former Disney Cruise Line cast member, Certified Cruise Counsellor and Vacation Specialist at Pure Magic Vacations.
Enchanted Room Offer at Walt Disney World Resort this Summer
Summer Meal Offer at Walt Disney World Resort
join our community
Certifications & Memberships